Obsessing
Do you sometimes find that, when you have a goal, you fixate on it so much you can't think about or do anything else? The fear that even the slightest distraction will ruin everything and you feel you have to keep thinking and focusing on your goal?
This is a bad idea because it's now no longer a goal, but an obsession and you end up living in fear, stress and doubt, which are all enemies and unnecessary on this journey, or any health journey.
Obsession is never a good thing, even over something good.
I realized I've obsessed not just about another child, but generally during my lifetime, for example about relationships and friendships.
I've found that when I start obsessing over people, the friendship goes south because i start to annoy not only them but work myself up, disappoint myself, etc.
Why did I do this? Because I was rather silly in my younger years, but also because I wanted to be popular and be liked by a lot of people. I felt if I didn't obsess over them, then somehow they would lose interest. Ironically though, the complete opposite happened. It was this, plus the negative, obsessive energy and doubt I was sending out to the universe.
Ive learnt that, when we obsess over something, we somehow don't trust the process that things will work out well, we don't trust the universe and our anxiety and distrust gets picked up. People themselves pick up this energy too, whether consciously or subconsciously. This was one of the reasons an online friendship broke up, because I was constantly doubting and worrying that it wouldn't last.
When we fixate, we can no longer relax and enjoy life but feel constant pressure and stress, which weakens our mind and body.
Thinking positively on our journey is necessary. Having a good support system is great. Obsessing is not.
In regards to my situation, I've discovered that my journey was successful when I didn't fixate on my goal, but tried not to think about it too much and enjoyed life, even going to lovely summer holidays to tropical places with my family. Whereas, when I started planning, trying stuff out and strictly sticking to my goal, it didn't work out. I was so afraid of failure that I was afraid to even stop thinking of my goal. As I've found out when learning about manifestation and the universe, I mustn't obsess, because obsession turns into stress and doubt.
As we know, stress is never good, whatever the situation. So the best thing to do is relax, not think about it and just enjoy our lives, and do what we enjoy, which don't have to be related to our goals even- in fact, sometimes it's good to have a small break/distraction from our goals. Taking time out to relax and enjoy life is a huge benefit!
As a wise little girl (namely my daughter)told me, stop thinking about it and it will happen! And truly, I realize things have worked out for me when I stopped thinking about them. For example my first pregnancy: even though I was thinking about it a lot, i wasnt fixating and tried to live ny life normally; I had other things to think about too, like finding a job and the lovely family vacation I went on to Thassos.
Comments
Post a Comment